Last Revised: September 1, 2019
How We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- From you when you communicate with us online, by email, by phone, or in-person.
- From Third Party Sources. We may collect information from our Service Providers who help us to provide services, or from other third‐party Service Providers.
- From social media. When you interact with us over social media, we may collect information about you. For more information about how you can customize your privacy settings and how third‐party social media websites handle your personal information, please refer to their privacy policies. We have a presence on Facebook and Instagram.
What Information We Collect
Information you provide to us.
We may collect certain information from or about you, including, but not limited to:
- Phone Number;
- Email Address;
- Mailing Address;
- Content of messages or comments posted by you or other users, including text, photos, videos, and links (i.e., User Generated Content).
Information automatically collected using tracking technology.
Information Obtained from Third Party Sources.
We may receive information about you from our third‐party service providers who help us to provide products and services to you, including our website when you interact with those Service Providers.
How We Use Your Information
The MME Creates does not sell, rent, lend, or otherwise share your information to third‐parties for marketing or any other purposes except as described below. Automatically collected information may be combined with other information that we collect directly from you or that we receive from other sources and used for the purposes described below. The following is a description of how we use the personal information we have collected about you.
- To provide Services to you.
- To provide services requested by you.
- To provide our website, and its functionalities to you. We may use this information to help administer the servers, generate statistical information, monitor and analyze website traffic and usage patterns, improve the website content and content delivery, including any content, materials, and services that we describe or make available on the website.
- To respond to your requests. If you contact us with a question or a request, we will use your information to respond to your request. For example, if you contact us via email with a question, we will use the information in that email and the email address you used to contact us to respond to you.
- To offer and conduct promotions and contests.
- To conduct data analytics to support our website and operations. Typically, these analyses are done using of aggregated or otherwise de‐identified data. We use information, including automatically collected information, to manage and improve our website and our operations. For example, we use such information to:
- Manage our website’s needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the services and the website’s performance and functionality.
- Manage risk and protect the website. We use data to better protect our services, our website, and you by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the website and our services.
- Develop new products, services and offers.
- To operate and improve our operations.
- To maintain our records.
- To market to you.
- For legal, contractual and safety purposes. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of our website; to comply with all applicable laws and regulations; to defend or protect us, our users, you, or third parties from harm or in legal proceedings; to protect our rights; to protect our security and the security of our users, volunteers, guests, employees, and property; to respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; to address legal and regulatory compliance; to verify your identity or communications from you; to comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party; and to notify you of changes to our terms, policies, or practices.
- For other purposes for which you provide your consent.
How We Share Your Information
- To vendors, contractors, Service Providers, and other third parties we use to support us, as necessary.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all MME Creates’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
These third parties are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services or to comply with legal requirements.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MME Creates, our guests, or others.
- In connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity.
- In the event that MME Creates is subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
Information Collected from you.
It is optional for you to provide us with information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for an activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
You can opt‐out of receiving future promotional email messages from MME Creates by following the opt‐out instructions provided in any such message you receive. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also be aware that we may continue to send you transactional and administrative communications, such as emails confirming your transactions with us.
Do Not Track
Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
How We Protect Your Information
We take security seriously and take numerous and reasonable precautions to protect the security of your information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data, and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Communication with Children
Minors under the age of 16 may not use our website. No part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted at email@example.com and we will delete the information about the child referenced from our files.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please note that we use a payment processor to process payments on our behalf. Currently, we use Paypal to process payments. You can learn more about Paypal’s privacy practices at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
You may request access to, correct, or delete your personal data. You may also receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used and machine‐readable format. You also may object to processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances.
To request deletion of, access to, or to make changes to your personal data, or to any of the rights in this section, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that not all requests can be honored.
Individuals Within the European Union
Controller of Personal Data
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
If you are an individual located in the European Union (EU), we collect and process personal data about you where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and process your data only when:
- It is necessary for a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your individual privacy interests), such as preventing fraud, improving our website, and increasing the security of the website and network infrastructure;
- You have consented to this collection and processing for a specific purpose;
- It is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations; or
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. An example of where we rely on your consent to process your personal data includes sending you our newsletter and marketing emails. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Some examples of our legitimate interests for processing personal data include:
- Website and network security;
- Patron support;
- Soliciting support from our Patrons;
- Marketing to our Patrons and friends;
- Fraud prevention; or
- Improving our website.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you may have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers, Storage, and Processing
Our website is operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use our website from a location outside of the United States, any personal data you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of our website should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer, or in which we process, personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Users who access or use our website from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. While we take steps to safeguard your personal data, the United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Accordingly, the level of protection provided in the United States or other non‐EU countries and jurisdictions from which you may access our website may not be as stringent as that under EU data protection standards or the data protection laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
By using this website, you consent to allow your personal data to be transferred across borders to the United States or to other countries or jurisdictions in which we or our third‐party associates may process personal data.
Your California Privacy Rights
Individual customers who reside in California and who have an existing relationship with us may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any.
To make such a request, send an email with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights” to email@example.com. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by these California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and have a registered account on the Website, you have the right to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the information you have posted. There may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.